Monday, January 10, 2011

A snowstorm is coming

I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like every time Mike and I take a cruise, we've gotten out of town right before a major snowstorm.    2009 we drive to the airport in a snowstorm and after de-icing the plane we take off leaving the rest of the family to fend off the blizzard.  2010 we sail out of New York and come home to 20 inches of snow.  Now, for 2011, our track record remains intact:  a 14 incher is heading our way and should start to rear its ugly head about 5 hours after we land in sunny Florida.  

I finished all of my packing over the weekend and this time I actually remembered to pack the cruise documents and put the cruise luggage tags on the suitcases so I'm already way ahead of the game.  I just heard the sound of wheels rolling across the kitchen floor so I am assuming that Mike has finished his packing as well.  As always, I put all of his outfits together and packed for him earlier, but I know he always likes to throw some last minute stuff into his bag.

It's so weird; I keep having this thought in the back of my head that I'm going to arrive at the port tomorrow and they're going to say to me that my cabin has been changed.  It's probably just a lingering thought from having had the chance at a Penthouse Suite but it would be wild if it happens.  At this point, I'd just be happy moving to a different deck - 8 through 10 - that features a launderette.  I just know I'm going to have to do some ironing and as far as doing laundry, well that just goes without saying.

Found out tonight that our sailaway is going to be broadcast live in HDTV on  CLICK HERE TO SEE ME WAVING LIKE A LUNATIC and it's supposed to be a 6pm sailaway but when I checked the Port Log it shows the Mariner departing at 5pm so who knows?  But the wonderful gentleman (Lou) manning the cameras said he would catch it live and also capture some still shots so whatever time we sail I'm sure he'll be recording it for posterity.


Okay, so if I get to bed (sleep!) right now I can get 5 hours of shut eye and then the bags under my eyes will be slightly less noticeable than if I were to stay up all night.  What are the chances??

No comments:

Post a Comment