Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Meeting, Greeting and Eating

Today was our first full sea day and I had a full day of activities planned.  First on the agenda was sleeping late! So when my eyes popped open at 7am, I promptly shut them again, rolled over and went back to sleep until 9.

The Meet and Greet was
scheduled to begin at 11, which gave me barely enough time to shower, get dressed and eat breakfast twice (a bowl of cereal up on the pool deck, and then eggs, bacon, hashbrowns when I located Mike).  When I arrived in the Observation Lounge at 5 minutes to 11, I was dismayed to see only 5 or 6 other pax there -- especially since 2 of them aren't even ON cruise critic or LCT but were people I had met since yesterday and just invited to join in the fun!  What fun??  I was totally bummed!  But then people started to trickle in and before I knew it we had a pretty decent group. 

Wayne took some pix for me (assuming I can strong arm him into sending me the pictures I keep asking him to take) which is a good thing because mine didn't come out so well.  If memory serves, here is who "made it" to the party:  Jackie & Dennis (travelcat); Peter & Nancy (kingfoot); Dick & Carolyn (cnn,rwn); Jim & Charlotte (grapestake); Elaine (sealover); Peggy (xrvl); Pat without Ray (snobird); Maxin without David (mcavanaugh); Susan & Wayne (nanook) Julie with her M-I-L (juleslovescruisin);  Martha &  Gurvis (oldgrump); plus my non-CC friends: Anna & Ed, Kathy, Phyl, Bonnie & Joel.  Everyone present said they had a good time and nobody made fun of me for forgetting my hairbrush and having a disaster mop for a hairdo.  In fact, later in the day Jackie gave me a hairbrush that had mysteriously been left in her cabin (at first she thought it was a slam on her own hairdo, but then realized it must have been for me).  Later that night I discovered the beneficent soul was Peggy....thank you sweetie, you're a lifesaver!  And it wasn't as if I didn't try to buy one, but the only one for sale at the salon was 6 inches larger than the length of my hair!


The rest of the day was occupied by eating lunch, eating a post-lunch snack, eating a pre-dinner snack, eating a pre-dinner cupcake (at least I think it was a cupcake but I'm still not sure), eating dinner.  In the midst of all these eating rituals I found time to play a team game of Top Toss which we supposedly lost even though I was keeping track of the score and know that we did in fact WIN but I'm not in charge of the point cards so the upshot was that our team didn't get any :-(.  I also played bingo which I didn't win but came close and I'm pretty sure I'm going to win tomorrow.  Another loss in the Team Luongo column came during Tea Time Trivia where the winning team got 13 correct (we only got 9).  I was going to try Name that Tune trivia but when I got up to the Observation Lounge there were only 4 other people there so I decided in advance that that would probably end up being a loss as well so came downstairs to work on this instead.

Dinner at Compass Rose was divine:
yummy Chicken Kiev, rice with truffles and a to-die-for dessert.  Service painfully slow but I already expected this and Mike and I are still early enough in our vacation to not mind a two hour dinner for two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment