Thursday, May 13, 2010

Port Ideas - Cartagena

I've never been to South America, so all of the stops in this country will be brand new to me. As always, plenty of advance planning will be required! My first investigation will be about Cartagena. Don't ask why this didn't occur to me before, but Cartagena is in Colombia, and I was quite surprised to find more than one reference to the potential dangers for tourists there before I realized "duh, helloooo, haven't you ever heard of colombian drug lords????" Sheesh! What a moron! In any event, my first cool idea was to visit this so-called mud volcano where you can soak in mud for I'm not sure how long and then get washed off in a lagoon by some older columbian women. But now that I've read all of the government warnings, I'm thinking more along the lines of staying close to the touristy plaza areas. I did watch this great highlights of Cartagena video and I'm going to post it here (if my plan works) so you guys can check out some things to do in Cartagena too.

No comments:

Post a Comment